Experience the rewards of caring for others
Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society carers share sunshine and smiles
There are three main reasons why staff love being part of the team at Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society, the same reasons residents enjoy living here. Care, compassion and companionship.
More people than ever before want to work somewhere they’re valued. With a real sense of purpose. Where everyone is treated with care and compassion.
The Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society is a charity offering excellent care for older people. As one of Surrey’s leading providers of home care, sheltered housing, and residential and nursing care – with more than 30 years’ experience, we are proud to say “care comes before profits”.
And our treasured team of carers at the heart of all that we do. Now’s your chance to join us.
The team of Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society carers bring residents care, compassion, companionship, and have loads of fun along the way.
If you are passionate, caring and fun loving with a ‘can do’ attitude, you’ll fit in well.
A full induction will give you a flying start. with lots more support throughout your career. Your training manager will help you add skills through fully-funded professional training and NVQ qualifications, and achieve that all-important work/life balance.
Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society carers love providing excellent care for older people, are committed to their role, helpful to colleagues, willing to learn, and have plenty of fun along the way.
Our Auxiliary team of talented cooks, efficient domestics, skilled maintenance personnel, and knowledgeable gardeners are all very much of the “Abbeyfield Angels” team, and prove on a daily basis that you can really help improve the lives of older people in many different ways.
The unique atmosphere and special reward of bringing a smile to residents’ faces makes being part of the Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society team of carers a truly memorable experience.
We are recruiting now and have a range of opportunities including full-time, part-time, night working and bank hours. We recently increased our hourly pay rates and offer full training support – it is a great time to join our friendly team.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay per hour Monday to Friday starts from £12.00 for inexperienced. We pay £2.00 per hour extra for weekend shifts. Please see details for each vacancy, below, for exact rates.
- Full induction, giving you the skills required to deliver excellent care
- Fully funded job specific training
- Access to optional training courses for those wanting to develop their career, many funded
- Pension scheme – Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society contribute 5% to your pension monthly
- Sick pay, in line with your contract
- Free on-site parking
- x 2 death in service cover, based on annual salary
- Full support from our professional management team
- Fully funded Blue Light Card giving you access to a wide range of discounts at high street shops, restaurants and national retailers such as River Island, The Body Shop, Halfords, J D Sports, Odeon Cinemas, Carluccios, Prezzo, Yo! Sushi and lots more.
We are seeking caring people who are looking for more connection with their work, who would like to develop their skills.
If you want to feel valued, respected and listened to, are passionate about the care of older people and want to make a difference, join our team. We strive to ensure that we offer a happy and supported environment. Without happy staff our residents would not be happy either. You are so important.
Please note: all roles are offered subject to a satisfactory DBS check and two references.
Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society
LIST OF CURRENT VACANCIES 17.01.24
ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR needed for Nower House care home in Dorking, Surrey. If you have some previous care experience then this could be a great role for you. Working 35 hours a week, the role will also involve occasional travel to our other homes (mileage paid).
Description Support with creating, planning and delivering activities, outings, and events.
Experience/qualifications. Must have care experience. Must be a car driver and hold a UK driving licence.
Working hours – 35 hours a week. The shifts are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday with occasional, weekend ad hoc hours to support events in the care home.
Pay £12.03 per hour. Mileage is paid at 45p/mile for travel.
Needed for a sheltered home for older people in Guildford. Roundhay is a spacious, character property within easy reach of Guildford centre with a large, attractive garden and its’ own parking area.
This is a varied, full-time role (37.5 hrs weekly), reporting to the Chief Operating Officer. You will live onsite in the home and your duties will include:
· cooking meals (you must already have a food hygiene qualification)
· providing company
· doing occasional shopping to up to ten, elderly residents
· reporting any maintenance required to the operations team
· maintain stock of cleaning and kitchen supplies
· day-to-day management of other kitchen and domestic staff who clean the home
· adhere to all appropriate legislation, policies and procedures
· keeping records and auditing, as appropriate
· other appropriate ad hoc duties as needed
Our ideal Housekeeper will have a cheerful, approachable personality. They will understand the needs of older people and, ideally, have had previous experience in a similar role. They will have effective time management and organisational skills and take a pride in the efficient running of the home.
The successful candidate will have a UK driving licence and their own transport.
Pay and benefits
· Up to £23,400 per annum
· Two bedroomed flat onsite, rent free
· Free parking
· Induction and training
· Pension scheme – Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society contribute 5% to your pension monthly
· Sick pay, in line with your contract
· X 2 death in service cover, based on annual salary
· Full support from our professional management team
· Fully funded Blue Light Card giving a wide range of discounts at high street shops, restaurants and national retailers
Needed now for our Farnham care homes in Surrey.
This is a great time to join our friendly team! We are seeking caring people who are looking for more connection with their work and would like to develop their skills.
If you are looking to build your career in care, or just want to help us make our residents’ lives better, apply now.
Pay. Dependent upon qualifications.
£11.20/hr – Day Care Assistants without qualifications or experience.
£11.25/hr – Day Care Assistants with Care Certificate.
£12.00/hr – Day Care Assistants with NVQ2 in Health and Social Care.
£12.75/hr – Day Care Assistants with NVQ3 in Health and Social Care which is required for the role applied for.
£11.40/hr – Night Care Assistants without qualifications or experience.
£11.45/hr – Night Care Assistants with Care Certificate.
£12.20/hr – Night Care Assistants with NVQ2 in Health and Social Care.
£12.95/hr – Night Care Assistants with NVQ3 in Health and Social Care (designated person).
All weekend hours attract an uplift of £2.00/hr on top of the rate stated above.
PART TIME CARE ASSISTANTS
Ridgway Court (6.5 hours) to work alternate Fridays from 2.30pm to 9pm.
Wey Valley House (11 hours) to work Saturday nights 9pm-8am.
PART TIME CARE ASSISTANTS
Maitland House – Reading
Earn from £12/hour (without qualifications), up to £13.55/hour with qualifications.
We are recruiting part time Care Assistants now and have recently increased our hourly pay rates. We also offer full training support – so it’s a great time to join our friendly team.
We offer our residents the very highest standards of care. In this role you will support residents’ daily needs. This will include washing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care, assisting at meal times and supporting residents with their mobility.
Our shift patterns are 8am-2.30pm and 2.30pm-9pm.
1 x 6.5 hours a week on alternate weekends (either Saturday or Sunday)
1 x 13 hours a week on alternate weekends (either Saturday or Sunday) plus one shift during the week
1 x 19.5 hours a week on alternate weekends (either Saturday or Sunday) plus two shifts during the week
If you do not yet have any care qualifications, the pay rate starts at £12.00.
If you have an NVQ2 in Health and Social Care and a Care Certificate, we pay £12.80 per hour.
If you have, and are using, your NVQ3 in Health and Social Care and have a Care Certificate, we pay £13.55 per hour.
In addition to the rates above, we pay an extra £2.00 per hour for weekend work.
BANK CARE ASSISTANTS
Wey Valley House, Hatch Mill and Ridgway Court, Farnham (Bank hours as needed). Candidates will ideally have some care experience but it is not essential.
DAYS Mon – Fri – If you have an NVQ2/3 in Health and Social Care and a Care Certificate, we pay up to £13.55 per hour (or with Care Certificate only, it is £12.05 per hour). Basic rate for those without care qualifications or experience is £12.00 per hour. WEEKENDS – We pay an additional uplift of £2.00 an hour for weekend shifts.
COOK – full time Cook needed for a friendly, 44-bedded care home near the centre of Dorking.
Generous Benefits Package
· Pay from £13.75/hour up to £14.50/hour (depending on qualifications) with an additional uplift of £1.85/hour at weekends.
· Full induction into your role, giving you skills required to deliver meals to restaurant standards
· Fully funded job specific training
· NVQs encouraged and funded
· Access to optional training courses for those wanting to develop their career, many funded
· Pension scheme – Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society will contribute 5% to your pension every month
· Fully flexible holiday allowance
· Sick pay, in line with contract
· Free on-site parking
· x2 death in service cover, based on annual salary
· Full support from our professional management team
Every Day Responsibilities
· To work at all times within the practice taught in the Food Hygiene course.
· To prepare food for appropriate meal as specified by the menu.
· To ensure any food prepared looks pleasant, is tasty and kept hot/cold as needed
· To ensure food waste is kept to a minimum
· To ensure kitchen is tidy and clean at the end of shift
· To ensure safe environment for other staff
· To ensure fridge, freezers and food temperatures are recorded twice a day
· To ensure daily/weekly and monthly cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard and signed for.
· To ensure the Better Food Better Business is correct and kept up to date.
· To report any problems to the Person-in-Charge as appropriate
· To go into dining room during meal times and ask residents for their feedback on the meals.
· To do ordering to ensure plenty of stock to be able to fulfil the daily menus
· To be aware of residents’ nutritional needs and cater for this.
Responsible to the Registered Manager.
1 x full-time role - 35 hour week working a mix of shifts 7.30am-2.30pm and 12.30am-7.30pm with alternate weekends.
You will have some professional experience as a Cook, be trained in Food Hygiene and, ideally, a minimum of an NVQ2 in Professional Cookery.
Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society Benefits package
Full induction, giving you the skills required to deliver excellent care
Fully funded job specific training
Access to optional training courses for those wanting to develop their career, many funded
Pension scheme – Abbeyfield Wey Valley Society contribute 5% to your pension monthly
Sick pay, in line with your contract
Free on-site parking
x 2 death in service cover, based on annual salary
Full support from our professional management team
Fully funded Blue Light Card giving you access to a wide range of discounts at high street shops, restaurants and national retailers such as River Island, The Body Shop, Halfords, J D Sports, Odeon Cinemas, Carluccios, Prezzo, Yo! Sushi and lots more.
Roles are offered subject to a satisfactory DBS check and two references.